Join Our Team
Working at Ideal is more than a job, it is a responsibility each team member takes on to continue learning and improving for our clients. We are very meticulous in our selection process because Ideal candidates are trusted with our client's biggest investment, their home.
We take pride in knowing that the homes we build have a life beyond the last truck leaving the worksite. They become homes where precious memories are created and many meals are enjoyed around the dinner table.
An Ideal employee understands the impact we've been able to make through our growth and commits to a future of opportunities. You can read our job description for the full posting details but more so, we look forward to connecting with you and hearing how you can help us continue providing an Ideal experience.
Estimator / Purchaser
A minimum of 2+ years of estimating /purchasing experience preferred.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with Supplies and Contractors
• Bid and analyze costs of Contractors and Suppliers to ensure Ideal Builders maintains a competitive cost position which includes negotiating pricing, terms and annual contracts for Production Material
• Responsible for all contract documentation with vendors and subcontractors with up to date insurance requirements
• Establish sales pricing for custom and new floor plans as well as specs and pre-sales
• Process special pricing requests from New Home Specialists
• Material take-offs by plan and options; ensuring accurate base house cost and option cost budgets
• Coordinate home bidding by sending out plans for bid to subcontractors for estimates
• Compile pricing for detailed take-offs for base bids and option pricing per plan
• Prepare the base house cost and option cost budgets and write detailed proposals based on proposal templates
• Responsible for estimating working with the sales department to ensure proposals are received in a timely manner
• Generate and distribute purchase orders through builder software
• Assist in training the sales force/construction team members with vendors and subcontractors for educational presentations of their products and services
• Provide reliable support to the construction team and attend construction meetings
• Walk homes under construction looking for cost savings, material usage, and takeoff’s
• Coordinate with designers for value engineering concepts into the design of the homes
Critical skills, knowledge, and behaviors
• Able to read, interpret, and use blueprints, sketches, plans, and other visual instructions in order to perform required work
• Able to create detailed material take-offs across a variety of product categories including lumber, roofing, drywall and masonry material
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills (can gather and analyze data and information and draw conclusions). Able to think logically and analytically
• Proactive in anticipating and alerting others to problems with projects or processes.
• Must have high ethical and moral standards
• Able to prioritize, organize tasks and time, and follow up
• Performs responsibilities efficiently and timely
• Takes initiative and needs little supervision
• Able to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, economic levels, and roles
• Able to work well in a team environment and as part of a team
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Strong Microsoft Excel skills a MUST.
• Able to learn company database programs quickly
Salary is commensurate with experience.